Friday, July 9, 2010

Update from Dr. Graham Appointment


I had an appointment with Dr. Graham this week and he was very pleased with how things were going. I was honest with him and told him that I had cheated a little this weekend and had some "snacks". I had to, I was absolutley starving!! He was actaully ok with that. I told him what the stoma was doing and what was happening in the pouch and he said that I should move on to "soft foods". So I am eating! Soft foods consist of items like potatoes, pasta, rice, smoothies, etc. Nothing to hard to digest and easy to break down. Unfortunately, these items all have a high chance of producing gas. So if I am around you and you start to hear some noises coming from my stoma, I apologize, I have no control over what comes out or when it decides to come out.

So that is where we are right now. I can progress to other food itmes as tolerested. It is up to me to when I can try something else. We are certainly on our way to a full recovery! I just need to remember to go slow and easy!

Thanks guys,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment