Thursday, August 19, 2010

One month old!

We just got back from our well visits to the pediatrician. A big thanks to Paula for agreeing to come along. It is very helpful to have the extra set of hands, especially to push the second stroller (since our double stroller doesn't accommodate the infant carrier). Both girls are doing great! Here are their stats...

Kinley (one month): 22 inches (85%) and 10 pounds (75%)
Cailyn (2 years): 34 inches (40%) and 25.5 pounds (35%)
Both are 50% in head circumference.

This week Kinley turned one month old! She is still such a great, sweet baby and seems to be on track with everything that would be expected of her. Last night she had a really good night - went from 10pm-6am only waking up once. Unfortunately I stayed up way too late editing photos so I didn't benefit from the longer night but since I'm a little sleepier today, I think I won't have a problem going to bed early this evening!



Back to School!

Yesterday was Chris' first day back with students. Other than the computers not working in the new CAPS building, I think things went smoothly and he was able to share some about his illness and ileostomy with the kids so they have an idea of what unique situation he is in. It hopefully makes it a little easier since he teaches Juniors and Seniors who are interested in a medically-oriented field.
If you have a few minutes, check out this video about the opening of the CAPS facility! Just scroll down to the right one. www.kansascity.com/video

Donna, the woman speaking in the video, is Chris' boss. She has been so supportive through Chris' health issues recently. We both are so thankful for our jobs and the people we work for/with!

I'm also including some pictures I took while we played a little outside last night. Cailyn finally started looking and smiling into the camera for me rather than saying "cheese" but not necessarily at the camera. I think she looks like such a big girl - where has the time gone? I am thankful though that I still have a few years before I begin posting the "1st day of kindergarten" pictures like so many of my friends have been doing...

I have to start by showing you the contents of Cailyn's "purse" as she laid each one by one on the tables outside. This girl has it all! Three cell phones, a camera, keys, and a remote. If she had it her way, there would also have been lipstick, powder, and the like in it as well!
Our big girl cuddling with Daddy
I finally caught a kiss on the camera!


And here's that face again! Although I admit, this time I did prompt her for it.

1 comment:

  1. That pic of Cailyn and Chris kissing is to die for! The girls are so gorgeous. Glad Chris is still happy with his big career change! We are lucky to have him!

    ReplyDelete