Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday Evening Visit

Cailyn and I made a quick visit to the hospital this evening to visit Chris. She is definitely no stranger to SMMC; we enter the parking lot and she starts chanting his name, we go inside and she waves to everyone on our way to his room. At least it doesn't scare her, right?

Since the room is shared, we did not stay very long as it is quite hard to keep a 2-year-old entertained in a few square feet area. She could only get in and out of the chairs and buckle her stroller so many times! She did provide a kiss, big hug, high five, and knuckles (in that order) before saying good-bye.

We left Chris to watch the football game on the new 42" flatscreen that was indeed installed on the wall in front of him earlier in the afternoon. And apparently Dr. Graham will allow him to start on liquids, progressing as tolerated, so that will begin tomorrow. Finally, can I say how nice it is to be on maternity leave during this hospital stay? I'm very thankful to not be working this time around - made for very hectic and exhausting days!

P.S. I forgot to mention last night that during the procedure the small intestine near the stoma was secured to the inside of his abdominal wall to help ensure it doesn't prolapse in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment