Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Findings from the Scope

I was not at the hospital last night to speak with Dr. Graham after he did the scope (thanks for stepping in Paula!) but I think I can recap his findings. He was able to see/get to the stricture that was identified in the CT scan earlier in the day. It is up high in the tract and thankfully is not created by scar tissue and doesn't appear to be a permanent obstruction. He was able to pass through it easily with the scope, which is great, and feels like if the bowel was working properly and in a coordinated fashion (which it will be over time) then it would have enough pressure to push the food through on its own. So...it's more of a kink (like how Chris described with the balloon analogy) than a stricture. And confirms the working diagnosis that Graham had going into the last couple of days. I'll let Chris post again once he talks to the doctor and know more about next steps and timing. I did speak with him this morning and he feels well and of course, does not remember anything about last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment