Friday, June 25, 2010

Heading Home Today

It's early Friday morning and I am sitting here waiting for Dr. Graham to arrive to give final discharge orders. Once I get those, I will meet with the social worker who has gotten everything else in place such as home health and get my instructions for going home.

Another bump in the road for going home. I am actually having to gome home with TPN. Luckily, we have been able to work it out to where I am only hooked up for 12 hrs at a time (while I am sleeping). So for the next three weeks, that is all I will be able to have except for some ice chips and small sips of water. I am having to do this so my insides get back to normal size and then wake up and start working together. Not really what we were looking for but at least I get to go home!

So I sit and wait....

Will send another post when I actually get home.

Chris

2 comments:

  1. A bump in the road but not one that will stop you! So glad you are FINALLY getting out of the hospital!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, Chris! I'm so excited you get to go home. Imagine how much more comfortable you're going to be once you get through that front door! :)

    ReplyDelete