Here we are, the night before the surgery. Other than the prerequisite "prepping", I am doing ok. A little nervous and anxious but overall not too bad.
Over the past few days, alot has been going on. On Wednesday of last week, I got a PICC line in my arm. This allows the doctors to give me all sorts of nutrition via my "milkshake". Essentially, I have this cathader threaded directly into my brachial artery and that is attached to a large bag of nutrients, vitamins, etc. hooked up to a pump and that is being infused into my body 24 hrs a day. The doctors are doing this in preperation for the surgery. They want me to be in the best possible condition possible before we attempt this. It has been working so far. I finally weigh over 134 pounds! It has been awhile since I was up that high! Everyday has also included multiple doctor visits to make sure all the rest of my body is functioning properly. Everything else is working well so at least I have that going for me. We then spent the weekend down in Branson with the McCabes. We had a great time and it was nice to get away one last time before things get really crazy around here. I won't comment too much on this because I am sure Janelle will have some pictures to post and some stories to tell.
As I prepare tonight, I just want to make sure I let everone know how much I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers. Janelle and I are blessed to have friends and family who are so supportive. So thanks again and please check back to the blog for updates on how things are going tomorrow.
Have a great night everyone....I know I will :)!
Chris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Thinking of you tonight and keeping you in our prayers! Love you all, Erin, Scott, and boys
ReplyDeleteOur thoughts and prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteLove, Sandy and Russ
Chris you, Janelle and Cailyn are in my prayers. I know everything will go well.
ReplyDeleteDan
Lots of well wishes coming from the Lehn house!
ReplyDeleteI'm a day late, but I've def. been praying/thinking of you...hope all went well can't wait for an update on how the surgery went.
ReplyDeleteTurning it all over to God now - we know that you will soon be feeling so much better.
ReplyDeleteWe love you,
Aunt Susan & Uncle Bubba